In honor of the #createlounge podcast launching this week (*internally screams with delight*), I thought I’d take some time to give some shout outs to my favorite podcasts.
Although I've been working on my own podcast, I really only became an avid podcast listener about 6 months ago. Like many people I know, I fell head-over-heels in love with podcasts ever since I started listening to episodes in the car to pass the time while I’m driving.
Whether you want to tap into your creativity during your daily commute or you just want to learn a new skill while you’re in the shower (no shame!), these are great podcasts to try.
Magic Lessons with Elizabeth Gilbert
I don’t know if any podcast could ever top this one in my eyes. It’s partly because of how brilliant Elizabeth is but also because the show is set up so differently. In each episode, Elizabeth takes a listener who is struggling somewhere in their creative journey and then interviews an expert on how to help the listener overcome their struggle. I love seeing a podcast where thought leaders and everyday creatives can come together to share their stories.
Recommended episodes: Brene Brown on "Big Strong Magic" and The Thing That You Are Seeking Is Also Seeking You
Make It Happen with Jen Carrington
There a few podcasts where I’ve listened to every single episode in its entirety but I haven't missed an episode yet in Make It Happen. Jen created this podcast for curious, big-hearted, purpose-drive creatives and she inspired me to dabble in creating audio content in the first place. We share the same heart for organic community building and cultivating fulfilling client relationships so if you love #createlounge, you’ll love the spirit behind her show too.
Recommended episodes: The Journey of Making Things Happen and Owning Your Creative Process with Kayla Hollatz (biased!) and A Year to Savour and A Year to Curate with Caroline Winegeart of Made Vibrant
#GIRLBOSS Radio with Sophia Amoruso
No podcast makes me feel as powerful as Sophia’s podcast. It’s no secret I love the book #GIRLBOSS and this podcast is the book in action every week. I love how they share #GIRLBOSS moments at the beginning of every show and interview women on how they created their own path for success. It’s incredibly motivating and inspiring while being just the right amount of edgy and fun along the way.
Chasing Creative with Ashley Brooks and Abbigail Kriebs
This podcast became a fast favorite when it launched at the beginning of the year because it feels like you’re chatting with a few familiar friends over coffee every time you tune in. Ashley and Abbigail have done an incredible job finding creatives from all walks of life for their interviews. I seem to learn something different from each guest. They also end each episode with book recommendations which I think is a fun, personal touch.
Space to Face with Paige Poppe and Asia Croson
After falling in love with Paige Poppe’s cacti artwork (mainly because it reminds me of my first home in Arizona) and following along with her creative journey, I was thrilled when she launched Space to Face late last year with Asia. What’s so interesting about this podcast is it helps you market yourself not only online but also in your own local community, something many of us forget about when running online businesses. Paige and Asia are an incredibly warm and welcoming duo with super upbeat energy.
Being Boss with Emily Thompson and Kathleen Shannon
Being Boss has grown from a podcast to a full-blown brand and community for creative entrepreneurs. I started listening about 5 months ago and haven’t missed an episode since. Now in its second year, Emily and Kathleen are broadening the show to include other topics that matter to entrepreneurs like health and wellness along with a little bit of “woo”, as they like to call it. It’s impossible not to admire the businesses they have created which leads to them sharing awesome, actionable advice along the way.
Unemployable with Brian Clark
This podcast features some of the biggest names in online business and marketing and is a popular favorite in the creative entrepreneur space, and rightfully so! Brian keeps the episodes fairly short but highly actionable so you can get right to the good stuff. I love how each guest shares their professional background, showing that there’s no one-size-fits-all way to becoming a boss.
Climb Out of the Cubicle with Amber Monaco
With a good blend of solo and interview episodes, Amber shares real stories on what it’s like to be a digital nomad and gives advice how to make time for passion projects. She always inspires me to move outside of my comfort zone and find the adventure in everyday creative living. She also covers topics based off of her audience’s feedback which makes my community-centered heart soar. If you love pursuing creative exploration, this is a must-listen.
While the above podcasts are my current favorites, here are a few other podcasts that I’m diving into this month:
- The Lavendaire Lifestyle - This podcast just launched last week but Aileen is one of my favorite vloggers so it has been a fun one to tune into. If you like a blend of minimalism and creativity, it’s a great one to check out.
- Elise Gets Crafty - While I wouldn’t consider myself an arts and crafts type of creative, I have been really enjoying the first few episodes I’ve been listening to. If you’re interested in making a full-time living from your art, this one is for you.
- She Percolates - I had been hearing a lot about this podcast after many of my creative entrepreneur friends had been interviewed so I’m starting to go through the archives and liking the casual so far.
- Heart + Hustle - I’ve been connected with the podcast host, Angelica of Studio 404 Design, for a while now through Twitter and just starting to dig through the episodes. So far, I love how the podcast is tailored to service-based entrepreneurs.
- This American Life - It sounds like everyone who knows about podcasts knows about this one, especially since it’s #3 on the Most Popular list on iTunes, but I discovered it recently through my #createlounge friend, Sara Brink. I listen to it more for its style of storytelling and production value.
- Seanwes - I’ve been following Sean and his vlogs for a while but now I’m taking some time to dive into his podcast. He has a large archive as well so if you’re interested in actionable marketing tips, this podcast is your go-to.
- Couragemakers - This podcast has been on my list to dive into for a few months now after it launched earlier this year. I’ve been connected with the host, Meg Kissick, through #createlounge and excited to see her grow this new platform. Also, I can’t help but note that her accent is amazing!
Subscribe to the #createlounge podcast!
Tap into your creativity, tell your story, and find your community by tuning into our #createlounge podcast!
We officially launch May 12 but you can hear what to expect from our podcast and subscribe early by clicking the button below!
Thank you so much for your support so far. This podcast is dedicated to you!
As a little thank you to everyone who has supported us along the way, I wanted to host a giveaway this first week of the #createlounge launch with a giveaway! I am giving away a 60 min coaching call along with the opportunity to share your story on the new #createlounge podcast. Sign up below for a chance to win!!
What are your favorite podcasts? Did you find any of your favorites in my list above or have any more to recommend? Let me know in the comment section below!