You've probably heard that your mailing list can be one of the most influential tools in your sales toolbox, but how does your community fit into it? Let's chat about it! Melyssa Griffin of The Nectar Collective is no stranger to mailing list community building.
In our episode, Melyssa shares:
- how to build a community that follows you when your brand vision shifts
- how to share extra value with your subscribers
- the importance of treating your subscriber’s inboxes as a home
- her experience with building a robust library of resources
- how to prepare for community conflict before it arises
She even keeps a folder on her desktop titled “Sunshine” where she puts screenshots of some of her favorite feel-good comments from her community. How can you not love this girl?
Some motivational quotables from Melyssa:
- “Your email list is something that you own.” (Tweet it!)
- “I’m always trying to think of what is something I can create that will get people to actually take action.” (Tweet it!)
- “I know that I’ve sent something good when I get more replies.” (Tweet it!)
- “The follow through is so important.” (Tweet it!)
- “Don’t focus on the numbers or business growth or money. Focus on one single person you’re going to help.” (Tweet it!)
A BIG thank you to Melyssa for sharing her extensive community story with us on The Power of We. We will be wrapping up the audio series tomorrow with a final solo episode on my #createlounge story and its leading role in my brand. Stay tuned!